- Chesapeake raises $2.6 billion in three deals
HOUSTON (Reuters) - Chesapeake Energy Corp said on Monday it has struck three deals that will raise a total of $2.6 billion, a cash infusion needed by the U.S. oil and gas company as it faces a...
- Microsoft trumps Amazon, others for AOL patents
(Reuters) - Microsoft trumped Amazon, eBay and other tech giants with its more than $1 billion purchase of the majority of AOL Inc's patent trove.
- Splunk sees IPO priced at $8-$10 per share
(Reuters) - Splunk Inc, which makes software that collects and indexes data, said it expects its initial public offering of 13.5 million shares to be priced between $8 and $10 apiece.
- Australian regulator clears $2 billion Foxtel-Austar deal
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Australia's largest pay-TV firm Foxtel extended its dominance on Tuesday when the competition watchdog cleared its $2 billion takeover of smaller regional rival Austar United...
- Qatar builds up Xstrata stake ahead of Glencore deal
DUBAI (Reuters) - Qatar's sovereign wealth fund has increased its stake in Xstrata to just over 5 percent, potentially making it easier for commodities trader Glencore to buy the Anglo-Swiss miner.
- Boeing, Transaero finalize Dreamliner deal
(Reuters) - Boeing Co said on Monday it has finalized a deal with Russia's Transaero Airlines for four 787-8 Dreamliners, worth $744 million at list prices.
- Laureate eyes IPO up to $750 million, hires banks: sources
NEW YORK (Reuters) - For-profit higher education company Laureate Education, which has former U.S. President Bill Clinton as honorary chancellor, has picked banks to lead an initial public offering...
- ConocoPhillip's Garland won't comment on Trainer
(Reuters) - The chief executive officer of ConocoPhillips' newly minted downstream spinoff told analysts in its inaugural conference call that he would not comment on negotiations for the sales of...
- DryShips drilling unit signs offshore Africa deal
(Reuters) - Ocean Rig UDW Inc , the drilling unit of DryShips Inc , said a major oil company had awarded a contract for one of its rigs to drill in offshore West Africa.
- SolarReserve mulls IPO this year or next - CEO
NEW YORK (Reuters) - SolarReserve, which develops large-scale concentrated solar power plants, may consider a public offering of shares later this year or in 2013, chief executive Kevin Smith said.